What Is Cervical Spondylosis ?
Cervical spondylosis is a condition where the joint and discs in the cervical spine, i.e the neck is affected. It is a disorder which develops with age and causes neck pain. In simple words, we can say that Cervical spondylosis is the wear and tear of bones and cartilages largely due to age, but it can be caused by some other factors as well.
It is also named as Cervical Ostheoarthritis or neck arthritis. Cervical spondylosis is a very common disease with more than 10 million cases per year.More than 85% of people with an age of 60 or above are suffering from this disease.
For most people, cervical spondylosis causes no symptoms. When symptoms do occur, they usually include pain and stiffness in the neck.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis:
Mostly people with cervical spondylosis do not experience significant symptoms .But, in case the symptoms occur, they may vary from mild to severe and may occur gradually or occur suddenly.
The symptoms of cervical spondylosis include:
- Pain around the shoulder blade
- Growing of Pain when sitting, standing, sneezing, coughing, tilting your neck backward.
- Weakness in the muscle
- Neck stiffness
- Tingling sensation or numbness afeecting the shoulder and arms area.
- Headache in the back side of your head.
- Loss of control of bladder or bowel.
CAUSES OF CERVICAL SPONDYLOSIS:
- Dehydrated disks.The spinal bones have disks in them which are made up of soft, cushiony material. They act like shock absorbers. By the passage of time, the gel like material dries out shrink. In a result of which the bone come in contact and rub together causing immense pain.
- Herniated discs.The spinal discs starts developing cracks, which leads to seepage of the internal cushiony matter. Due to this, the disks start to bulge out and sometimes press on the spinal cord and roots which results in symptoms like numbness of arm,pain the arm,etc..
- Bone spurs.In the misguided effort of the body trying to strengthen the spine, it starts to produce extra amount of bone which often results in pinching the spinal cords and the nerve roots.
- Stiff ligaments.The tough cords of tissue that connect the bone to bone are called ligaments. These ligaments can become even stiffer over time with age, making your neck stiffer and affecting its movement.
- Overuse :Activities that involve repeated movements or heavy weight lifting can put extra load on the spine, which may result in premature wear and tear
- Injury: A person who has had an injury to the neck might undergo the aging process before time.
Homeopathic Treatment For Cervical Spondylitis:
For chronic diseases like cervical spondylosis, homeopathic treatment is highly recommended as it is very effective in giving excellent results if paired with physiotherapy, yoga and other measures. One can opt for homeopathic treatment without any hesitation as it is safe, non-toxic and has zero side effects.
BENEFITS OF OPTING HOMEOPATHY:
- Gives effective relief in pain and stiffness of the cervical spine
- Reduces inflammation of discs and ligaments
- Mobility of the neck and hands is improved
- Controls the process of further deterioration and progression of the disease, and prevents further destruction of the discs and vertebrae.
- Rhus Tox
- Calcarea Phos
- Rananculus Bulbous
- Kali carb
- Lachnanthes Tinctoria
- Phosphoric acid
DOs and DON’Ts in Managing Cervical Spondylosis:
- Exercise regularly which focus on active motion and strengthening of the neck.
- Wear seat belt while driving.
- Maintain good posture during all activites.
- Avoid playing sports
- Contact your health care provider in case of sudden weakness of muscles or paralysis.
- Don’t lift heavy weights or do any exercise that cause immense strain.
- Dont make your neck pop.
- Don’t crouch on a chair or bed.
- Avoid hanging your head very low for more than 10 minutes.
- Avoid cold temperatures and cold bath.
Don’t lean your head on one side of the neck while talking on the phone.
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTER
GET ONLINE VOICE/VIDEO CONSULTATION
DR. JITENDRA SHUKLA
Whatsapp Us Now
HELPLINES 10 AM TO 7 PM-
VISIT US -
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTRE,S-41, GOLE MARKET, BEHIND HDFC BANK NEAR JEWEL PALACE, MAHANAGAR, LUCKNOW.PIN-226006
SANJEEVANI , SHOP NO. 209 ,2 nd FLOOR, FELIX SQUARE MALL, IBB2 ANSAL API ,ICICI BANK BUILDING, NEAR-MEDANTA HOSPITAL, SUSHANT GOLF CITY, SHAHEED PATH, LUCKNOW. PIN-226030