WHAT IS DYSTONIA?
Dystonia is a Neurological Movement Disorder that causes muscles to contract and spasm involuntarily that bring out pain, tremors, twisting and other uncontrollable movements .
In Simple words we can say “Dystonia is characterized by painful, prolonged muscle contractions that result in abnormal movements and postures.”
- OROMANDIBULAR DYSTONIA OR MEIGE’S SYNDROME:- Affects the lower facial and jaw muscles causing involuntary opening, closing, or deviation of the jaw. The tongue may also be involved.
- BLEPHAROSPASM:- Involuntary contractions of the muscles around the eyes, that causes excessive blinking and spasms of eye closure. Affects the lower facial and jaw muscles causing involuntary opening, closing, or deviation of the jaw. The tongue may also be involved.
- SPASMODIC DYSPHONIA OR LARYNGEAL DYSTONIA :- Affects the vocal cords to have strangled, hoarse quality or a breathy, whispering voice.
- CERVICAL DYSTONIA OR SPASMODIC TORTICOLLIS :- Affects the neck muscles leading to abnormal movements of the neck and head .
- WRITER’S CRAMP , MUSICIAN’S DYSTONIA:- .Involuntary movements, cramping and spasming of the hands or arms, which can be brought on by repetitive and task-specific movements.
- LIMB DYSTONIA :- Involuntary movements, cramping and spasming of the legs or feet.
Dystonia Can Affect Any Part Of The Body including the arms, legs, neck, eyelids, face or vocal cords.
90% Patients Shows Improvement Within 2-3 weeks By Our Medicine .
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTER
GET ONLINE VOICE/VIDEO CONSULTATION
DR. JITENDRA SHUKLA
Whatsapp Us Now
HELPLINES 10 AM TO 7 PM-
VISIT US -
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTRE,S-41, GOLE MARKET, BEHIND HDFC BANK NEAR JEWEL PALACE, MAHANAGAR, LUCKNOW.PIN-226006
SANJEEVANI , SHOP NO. 209 ,2 nd FLOOR, FELIX SQUARE MALL, IBB2 ANSAL API ,ICICI BANK BUILDING, NEAR-MEDANTA HOSPITAL, SUSHANT GOLF CITY, SHAHEED PATH, LUCKNOW. PIN-226030
Symptoms Of Dystonia :-
The symptoms depend upon the area of the body that is affected by involuntary muscle cramp (muscle contraction).
- Eyelids:- Rapid blinking or involuntary spasms causing your eyes to close blepharospasms) can make you functionally blind. Spasms usually aren’t painful, but might increase when you’re in bright light, under stress or interacting with people. Your eyes might feel dry.
- Hand and forearm:- Some types of dystonia occur only while you do a repetitive activity, such as writing (writer’s dystonia) or playing a specific musical instrument (musician’s dystonia).
Causes of Dystonia:-
There aren’t any specific, identifiable causes of this condition. However, it is believed that this condition might be linked to damage to the basal ganglia, which is the part of the brain that is responsible for muscle contractions.