What Is Hemiplegia ?
Hemiplegia is basically the paralysis of muscles of the lower face, arm, and leg on one side of the body. Stroke is the most typical cause of hemiplegia which causes damage to the corticospinal tracts in one hemisphere of the brain. In simple words, it means complete or partial paralysis of one side of the body which results in causing a disease or injury to the motor centers of the brain. It is caused by damage in the brain or spinal injury which leads in paralysis of one side of the body. Hemiplegia is a form of paralysis which is recognised by a serious loss of sensation and control in the area that is affected.
The corticospinal tracts stretch out from the lower spinal cord to the cerebral cortex. The stages of hemiplegia symptoms depend on the location and extent of the injury.
SYMPTOMS OF HEMIPLEGIA:
The stages of hemiplegia symptoms depend on the location and extent of the injury.Symptoms may include:
- Muscle weakness or stiffness on one side
- Muscle spasticity or permanently contracted muscle
- Poor fine motor skills
- Trouble walking
- Poor balance
- Trouble grabbing objects
In case of hemiplegia caused by brain injury, it cause symptoms that are not certain in hemiplegia, such as:
- Memory problems
- Trouble concentrating
- Speech issues
- Behaviour changes
While the paralysis may not be immense, it could affect your ability to:
- Control your bowel
- Control your bladder
- Move one side of the body
TYPES OF HEMIPLEGIA:
- FACIAL HEMIPLEGIA: In facial hemiplegia people suffer from paralysed muscles on one side of the face.
- SPINAL HEMIPLEGIA: Spinal hemiplegia, also known as Brown-Sequard Syndrome, involves damage in one side of the spinal cord which eventually results in paralysis of one side of the body.
- CONTRALATERAL HEMIPLEGIA: In contralateral hemiplegia, people suffer from paralysis on the opposite side of the body in which the brain damage occurs.
- SPASTIC HEMIPLEGIA: In this type of hemiplegia the paralysis mainly affects one side of the body, muscles constantly shrink or are spastic.
- ALTERNATING HEMIPLEGIA OF CHILDHOOD: This type of hemiplegia usually affects children aged or younger than 18 months old.It causes repeated episodes of hemiplegia that paralyses one or both sides of the body.
CAUSES OF HEMIPLEGIA:
- STROKE: Stroke is one of the most cause of hemiplegia. The severity of the muscle weakness depends on the location and size of the stroke.
- BRAIN TUMORS: Brain tumors can direct to a number of problems, one of them is hemiplegia. Hemiplegia gets worse as the tumor grows.
- BRAIN TRAUMA: Brain damage can be caused by a sudden impact to your head. If it affects only one side of your brain, hemiplegia can most likely come in your way.
- BRAIN INFECTIONS: A permanent damage to the cortex of the brain can be caused by brain infections.
GENETICS: A rare mutation of ATP1A3 gene causes a condition known as alternating hemiplegia in children. This type of disease affects 1 in 1 million people.
Other causes include:
- Brain cancer
- Migraine syndrome
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
Homeopathic treatment comes up with a very supportive treatment and helps in preventing any further worsening of the disease. Homeopathic medicines helps in stopping the paralytic muscles from further deterioration. They act on the nervous system and ease the process of conducting signal impulses from the nerves to the muscles. In addition to this, homeopathic medicines has no side effects at all and complements very well to the available physiotherapy measures.
HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINES FOR HEMIPLEGIA:
Firstly, we need to know the fact that homeopathic medicines cannot cure hemiplegia, but it can improve the state of paralysis, improve circulation of blood, helps in controlling loss of power, boosts power of muscles and overall health of the patient.
Some effective medicines of hemiplegia are as follows:
- Plumbum Metallicum
- Nux Vomica
- Lathyrus Sativus
- Aconitum Napellus
- Cadmium Sulphuratum
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTER
GET ONLINE VOICE/VIDEO CONSULTATION
DR. JITENDRA SHUKLA
Whatsapp Us Now
HELPLINES 10 AM TO 7 PM-
VISIT US -
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTRE,S-41, GOLE MARKET, BEHIND HDFC BANK NEAR JEWEL PALACE, MAHANAGAR, LUCKNOW.PIN-226006
SANJEEVANI , SHOP NO. 209 ,2 nd FLOOR, FELIX SQUARE MALL, IBB2 ANSAL API ,ICICI BANK BUILDING, NEAR-MEDANTA HOSPITAL, SUSHANT GOLF CITY, SHAHEED PATH, LUCKNOW. PIN-226030