Dystonia is a Neurological Movement Disorder that causes muscles to contract and spasm involuntarily that bring out pain, tremors, twisting and other uncontrollable movements .
Dystonia is characterized by painful, prolonged muscle contractions that result in abnormal movements and postures.
- OROMANDIBULAR DYSTONIA OR MEIGE’S SYNDROME:- Affects the lower facial and jaw muscles causing involuntary opening, closing, or deviation of the jaw. The tongue may also be involved.
- BLEPHAROSPASM:- Involuntary contractions of the muscles around the eyes, that causes excessive blinking and spasms of eye closure. Affects the lower facial and jaw muscles causing involuntary opening, closing, or deviation of the jaw. The tongue may also be involved.
- SPASMODIC DYSPHONIA OR LARYNGEAL DYSTONIA :- Affects the vocal cords to have strangled, hoarse quality or a breathy, whispering voice.
- CERVICAL DYSTONIA OR SPASMODIC TORTICOLLIS :- Affects the neck muscles leading to abnormal movements of the neck and head .
- WRITER’S CRAMP:- Writer’s cramp as the name suggest is something to do with writing . In this diseases when a person attemts to writes or other fine hand function such playing a musical instrument, the hand and finger muscles contact or extend halting the action or causing the abnormal posture of hand or wrist. Patient adopt a particular posture to overcome the defect . some patient notice that the hand freezes during an attempt to move across the page and describe the hand as having “a mind of its own.” As soon as the writing instrument is removed from the hand the muscle relax.
- MUSICIAN’S DYSTONIA:- .Involuntary movements, cramping and spasming of the hands or arms, which can be brought on by repetitive and task-specific movements.
- LIMB DYSTONIA :- Involuntary movements, cramping and spasming of the legs or feet.
Dystonia Can Affect Any Part Of The Body including the arms, legs, neck, eyelids, face or vocal cords.
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTER
GET ONLINE VOICE/VIDEO CONSULTATION
DR. JITENDRA SHUKLA
Whatsapp Us Now
HELPLINES 10 AM TO 7 PM-
VISIT US -
SANJEEVANI HOMOEOPATHIC & NEURO-PSYCHIATRY RESEARCH CENTRE,S-41, GOLE MARKET, BEHIND HDFC BANK NEAR JEWEL PALACE, MAHANAGAR, LUCKNOW.PIN-226006
SANJEEVANI , SHOP NO. 209 ,2 nd FLOOR, FELIX SQUARE MALL, IBB2 ANSAL API ,ICICI BANK BUILDING, NEAR-MEDANTA HOSPITAL, SUSHANT GOLF CITY, SHAHEED PATH, LUCKNOW. PIN-226030
The symptoms depend upon the area of the body that is affected by involuntary muscle cramp (muscle contraction).
Signs and symptoms of dystonia include:
- Muscle contractions that result in flexed or twisted movements and abnormal positions.
- Pain that results from abnormal movements and postures.
- Muscle movements and abnormal body positions that repeat, sometimes resembling a tremor.
- Muscle movements that may begin in one area of the body and, in time, spread to other areas.
- Muscle movements and abnormal postures that worsen with extended periods of exertion, fatigue or stress.
- Voluntary muscle movement on one side of the body that cause dystonia symptoms on the opposite side.
- Handwriting begins to be sloppy.
- Foot cramps.
- Dragging the foot after walking or running for a period of time.
- Voice or speech difficulties.
- Eyelids:- Rapid blinking or involuntary spasms causing your eyes to close blepharospasms) can make you functionally blind. Spasms usually aren’t painful, but might increase when you’re in bright light, under stress or interacting with people. Your eyes might feel dry.
- Hand and forearm:- Some types of dystonia occur only while you do a repetitive activity, such as writing (writer’s dystonia) or playing a specific musical instrument (musician’s dystonia).
Causes of Dystonia:-
For many patients, the cause of dystonia is unknown. Of known causes, dystonia can occur due to:
- Heredity (abnormal genes passed down from parents).
- Birth injury.
- Medications, including some antipsychotic and anti-nausea medications.
- Neurological diseases, such as parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis.
For Dystonia there aren’t any specific, identifiable causes of this condition. However, it is believed that this condition might be linked to damage to the basal ganglia, which is the part of the brain that is responsible for muscle contractions.
Your personalized Homeopathic treatment recommended for Dystonia disease .
Without any side-effects.
1) WE NEED COMPELETE CASE HISTOY OF PATIENT .
100% Improvement Within 21 Days With Our Medicine